The Console's Integrations tab configures alert forwarding to supported third-party systems.
- Console 4.7.0 or later
- Versions less than 4.8.2 do not include Workflows; in these versions each alert is sent to all Integrations.
- A value for
crypto_keyin the console configuration file must be set. Alternatively, the environment variable
CAPSULE8_CONSOLE_CRYPTO_KEYmay be used. It should be a 64 character hexadecimal string. This key is used to encrypt and decrypt the credentials stored in the database. If it changes after storing information, the console will be unable to decode the previously stored credentials.
- Integrations Portal optional feature is enabled.
When to use Console's Integrations:
- You want to get alerts into a third-party system without configuring individual sensors.
When to instead Export Alerts directly from sensors to third parties:
|Usecase||Why Avoid Integrations|
|You require alerts to arrive at the third-party system as fast as possible.||
Integrations adds some latency due to the extra network hop and processing time.
Your systems are producing hundreds of alerts per second.
|Console on recommended hardware can't guarantee stability under this load.|
You are sending alerts via blobstorage, and require alerts to arrive at the Integration during periods of Console downtime.
Blobstorage alerts during Console downtime will be forwarded to the Integration after the Console becomes available.
You are sending alerts via webhooks, and you require alerts to arrive at the Integration during or after periods of Console downtime.
Webhook alerts during Console downtime will be missed, and never forwarded to the Integration.
- Navigate to Integrations
- The Configure tab lets you specify connection details for your Integrations
- Click the desired integration. Instructions for each Integration are available at Integration Configuration.
- Create one or more Workflows to specify which alerts go to which Integrations. Detailed instructions are available at Integration Workflows.
- Authentication for Elasticsearch is not supported.